all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* (loop with (VAR1 VAR2) ...)
@ 2014-03-16 17:11 Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2014-03-16 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is the construct in the subject valid as an alternate form of:

 (loop with VAR1
       with VAR2
       ...)

?  It seems to work fine, but (info "(cl) Other Clauses")
doesn't mention it, so i wonder if i am planting a latent bug.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502

* Re: (loop with (VAR1 VAR2) ...)
       [not found] <mailman.17317.1394989649.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-03-17  1:28 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2014-03-17  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In article <mailman.17317.1394989649.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
 Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> wrote:

> Is the construct in the subject valid as an alternate form of:
>
>  (loop with VAR1
>        with VAR2
>        ...)
>
> ?  It seems to work fine, but (info "(cl) Other Clauses")
> doesn't mention it, so i wonder if i am planting a latent bug.

Does it mention "destructuring"? Any place where a single variable is
allowed, you can have a list of variables, and it will assign them from
the list of values.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA