all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [git] puplic repo url incorrect or server overloaded?
@ 2014-11-13 12:43 H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-13 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm using the address from the EmacsWiki
(http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GitForEmacsDevs#toc4)

    git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs

It seems to be correct since `git remote show ALIAS' shows seemingly the
right content. But with `git fetch ALIAS' I'm getting

      fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

or sometimes no response but no download seems to happen...

Is this just a sign that the server is overloaded or am I'm doing
something wrong?

Thanks
        Dieter
--