"N. Jackson" writes: > So, does this mean that the problem was user error? (That is, if the > user wants to install to an arbitrary tree, it is their responsibility > to configure their system so that it can find not only the binary, but > also other needed resources (i.e. the higher resolution icon).) > > Or does it mean that the make install target needs to be improved so > that installation to an arbitrary tree works properly out of the box? I do not know :/ In the meantime, it means that "typical" installations of Emacs 25.1 won't have this issue, can we unblock this from the release ticket? Nico