all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-23  2:41 kfjwheeler
From: kfjwheeler @ 2016-03-23  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Anybody got any suggestions?

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-23  8:10 ` Alex Kost
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Alex Kost @ 2016-03-23  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: kfjwheeler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

kfjwheeler@gmail.com (2016-03-23 05:41 +0300) wrote:

> Anybody got any suggestions?

Apparently the most 1337h4xx0r theme is the one you made yourself :-)

--
Alex

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-23  9:39 ` Yuri Khan
       [not found] ` <mailman.8187.1458720636.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Yuri Khan @ 2016-03-23  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: kfjwheeler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 8:41 AM,  <kfjwheeler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody got any suggestions?

1337. Heh! H4xx0r. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-23 10:51   ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2016-03-23 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

@ 2016-03-23 15:28   ` kfjwheeler
From: kfjwheeler @ 2016-03-23 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Wednesday, 23 March 2016 01:10:38 UTC-7, Alex Kost  wrote:
> kfjwheeler@gmail.com (2016-03-23 05:41 +0300) wrote:
>
> > Anybody got any suggestions?
>
> Apparently the most 1337h4xx0r theme is the one you made yourself :-)
>
> --
> Alex

You got me there.  Hacking it together yourself is way more h4xx0r.  It's the only way to jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace.

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <mailman.8187.1458720636.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2016-03-26 23:03 ` Pascal J. Bourguignon
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon @ 2016-03-26 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

kfjwheeler@gmail.com writes:

> Anybody got any suggestions?

(progn (set-foreground-color "cyan")
       (set-background-color "black"))

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-27  1:38   ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2016-03-27  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Kaylen Wheeler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 8:41 AM,  <kfjwheeler@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anybody got any suggestions?
>
> 1337. Heh! H4xx0r. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

Hm. It occurred to me that you might want to run Emacs in a
cool-retro-term, if that’s your thing.

https://github.com/Swordfish90/cool-retro-term

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-27  8:03     ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2016-03-27  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: kfjwheeler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

There are galleries with emacs themes where you can choose what suits
your taste:

https://emacsthemes.com/
http://pawelbx.github.io/emacs-theme-gallery/

--
Alex

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-28 18:00       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2016-03-28 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?

The "Elite Hacker theme" isn't a theme but hundreds of
configurations, settings, and extentions you put
together step by step into a system that encompasses
not only Emacs, Gnus, w3m etc. but ls with dircolors,
even X (xterm with Xresources etc.), actually
everything you use.

Making it look Elite Hacker is actually making it look
good and ergonomic, so it'll be super fast and
enjoyable when you do whatever Elite Hacker stuff it
is you do.

For some screenshots, take a look at my home page and
my Gnus page:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/
    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/gnus/index.html

Here is a bunch of color material for starters:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/faces.el
    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/cols/www/COLORS
    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/cols/www/index.html
    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/scripts/cols

Here are even more screenshots:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/figures/

Dig deep!

                   - so far: 20 Blogomatic articles -

* Re: What is the most 1337h4xx0r color scheme for emacs?
@ 2016-03-28 18:55   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2016-03-28 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com>
writes:

>> Anybody got any suggestions?
>
> (progn (set-foreground-color "cyan")
> (set-background-color "black"))

Indeed, using the best software in the world, with
a bright-on-black theme, also noticing the absence of
a mouse, with an elevated monitor (or projector
screen)...

Apart from that the Elite Hacker stuff is in the
activity, not the gear or color theme.

But those can coincide nonetheless as my color hacking
shows :)

(Actually it is OK to have a mouse if you do GIS or
graphics. Otherwise it is strictly forbidden.)

                   - so far: 20 Blogomatic articles -