Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > An open letter was posted on dar interwebs > > https://medium.com/@fommil/open-letter-to-the-emacs-maintainers-226cb67a961f#.1pq4ienoh While I disagree on a lot of the premises (e.g. the email/mailing list thing - most of the developers I know are pretty happy with email and lists) I think he has a point: it is *very* hard to get into Emacs coding. I tried it more than once but failed. Documentation seems very distributed (for a look here, for b look over there, ...), a clear step-by-step guide to get a build environment including running tests seems to be missing. E.g. why is there no "contribute" document on the shiny new website? Heck, I even failed to find beginner bugs in the bug tracker. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to by grumpy, I am extremly grateful for the hard work you people do. Best regards, -- Christian Kruse https://wwwtech.de/about