martin rudalics writes: >> When a child-frame move to position (-1 . 0), it will hide its >> parent-frame's mode-line and minibuffer, is it possible let child-frame >> auto move above a little, and let it not hide its parent-frame's >> mode-line and minibuffer? > > I'm not sure why a position like (-1 . 0) should do that - did you > mean (0 . -1)? > > But what is "auto" move? Positioning and sizing of child frames is > completely left to the caller with one exception: When the parent > frame is resized, the child frame may have to be resized and > repositioned too. IIRC we try to do that proportionally so it's > possible that the parent frame's mode line gets obscured. Is it that > you had in mind? > sorry, it is (0 . -1) :-) If I move a child-frame to (0 . -1), it like this at the moment: