all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#29119: Emacs 27 latest snapshot bug report
@ 2017-11-02 23:04 Aleksas Tunikas
From: Aleksas Tunikas @ 2017-11-02 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 29119

Hello and please excuse the form of the message and concentrate on the
substance of it, am a user and not a programmer and therefore use the
most convenient way to let you know what is the problem. Please see
below.

If I run the latest snapshot of Emacs (of version 27) in a Virtual
Terminal in Ubuntu if I go to echo area and press C-g twice (cancel
cancel) I got a freezing emacs with point still blinking, I did not
find any other way but to kill it and restart. If I install the stable
version (currently version 25) - this issue apparently did not
happens. I am just testing it so that is why I say apparently, but
with the combination mentioned it works fine. Ready to provide any
further details if needed, and thanks for a great work so far!