"Basil L. Contovounesios" writes: > The 'empty' whitespace-style option is described under > "(emacs) Useless Whitespace" as follows: > > ‘empty’ > Highlight empty lines. > > The docstring of whitespace-style, on the other hand, is a bit clearer > w.r.t. which lines are considered empty: > > empty empty lines at beginning and/or end of buffer > are visualized via faces. > It has effect only if `face' (see above) > is present in `whitespace-style'. > > I think the manual should also mention the BOB/EOB restriction. I attach a potential amendment. Thanks, -- Basil