Jon Irving writes: > I believe this is related to the following commits: > > b515edb985 Fix bug in delete-indentation when region is inactive > 09c220a5cf Minor fixes for the last change > 8fa94a1ecc If the region is active, join all the lines it spans > > From a clean `emacs -Q` start: > > 1. Move point up to the bottom line of the *scratch* buffer comments > 2. Type M-^ (or M-x delete-indentation) > 3. Observe the following message in the minibuffer: > The mark is not set now, so there is no region This is because delete-indentation is currently using the 'r' interactive code, which barfs if the region is inactive. I attach a patch which fixes this and also updates the entry for delete-indentation in the Elisp manual. Is it acceptable? Stephen, what is the difference between the two tests simple-delete-indentation-no-region and simple-delete-indentation-inactive-region? Can they be merged? Thanks, -- Basil