Vincent Lefevre writes: > On the following file, lines 26 and below are not highlighted > (i.e. they get the normal color). This is reproducible with > and without the -Q option. It's hitting an assertion failure during syntax-propertizing. The problem seems to be that the parse-partial-sexp call in sgml--syntax-propertize-ppss isn't using the right syntax table. I wonder why it doesn't happen for sgml-mode though (as far I can tell). Stefan, any thoughts about that? Patch below fixes it, but it might just be papering over another problem.