all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Logging and Auditing functions executed by Emacs Lisp interpreter
@ 2020-04-11 21:48 Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2020-04-11 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I use a package- `elisp-demos`, which adds examples of Emacs Lisp
functions to `help` buffers. I was curious to know whether it
executed the examples on my machine to show their output or not. I
figured out that the output is also hard-coded in the package
files. This led me to start looking for something that would allow
me to see what the Emacs Lisp interpreter is evaluating, e.g. the
functions that it had to call during evaluation. Something similar
to `view-lossage` but that includes non-interactive functions
(e.g. network calls made from installed packages, processes
spawned, or functions being called by timers regularly). Is there
such a feature in Emacs?

--
Narendra Joshi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-11 21:48 UTC | newest]