Eric Abrahamsen writes: > On 10/16/20 07:08 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: >> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >> >>> - This patch doesn't remove the nnir.el library, though that's now >>> obsolete. I think removing it could be problematic: it's not like >>> declaring functions/variables obsolete, where we can let people down >>> gently. I suspect plenty of code uses (require 'nnir), which will >>> cause blowups. Renaming gnus-search.el to nnir.el doesn't make a lot >>> of sense, though. I'm considering leaving the nnir.el file in there, >>> but containing nothing but a warning. >> >> Just move it to obsolete/. > > Oh, of course -- thanks. Finally done! I think. Most of the final work was writing the docs. So there's documentation, nnir.el is in obsolete/, and I've defaulted `gnus-search-use-parsed-queries' to nil, so that no one is surprised. I also implemented a search engine for gmane, then removed it in one separate commit, in case one fine day we get that back again it will be easy to revert the removal. I think it's ready to go! I'm sure there are bugs but it shouldn't be too disruptive, since there's a big Turn It On switch people will have to flip, and they can just turn it off again. Eric