Andrea Corallo writes: > Akib Azmain Turja via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife > of text editors" writes: > >> --=-=-= >> Content-Type: text/plain >> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> >>>> From: Akib Azmain Turja >>>> Cc: 59340@debbugs.gnu.org >>>> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 17:39:11 +0600 >>>>=20 >>>> > Does this happen _after_ you build Emacs? That is, you are saying >>>> > that the *.eln files produced as part of the Emacs build were compiled >>>> > successfully, but when you then start the Emacs you built, it is >>>> > unable to perform any native compilation? >>>>=20 >>>> Yes, Emacs builds fine. The problem occurs at runtime. >>> >>> That is very strange, because we invoke libgccjit and Binutils during >>> the build the same we do at run time. Is this in "emacs -Q"? If not, >>> perhaps some of your customizations prevent Emacs from finding and/or >>> invoking the JIT compiler? >> >> I think this is not an Emacs bug really. The Guix recipe I'm using >> has some big problems (according to Guix philosophy), and probably does >> some (black) magic that causes the build and run-time environment to be >> different, thus the error. >> >> However, why the crash? Is it somehow because the old eln get loaded? > > Are you sure Emacs is crashing? That would be surprising to me, maybe > is because of something with EXWM that gets stuck for some other reason? > > Andrea I am sure, because instead of running emacs from my .xsession, I ran xterm and ran emacs with xterm. The result was, sometimes the Emacs aborted, and sometimes segfault. -- Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 Fediverse: akib@hostux.social Codeberg: akib emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."