Daniel Martín writes: > andrés ramírez writes: > >> Hi. Guys. >>>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Eli> In any case, whatever method of deducing automatically which place to record, I think it's >> Eli> better to build the feature on top of registers, since they are already equipped for saving >> Eli> and restoring locations. >> >> evil-mode has gi (go to the last inserting point and enters >> insert-mode). I am a former evil-mode user. >> >> Could that implementation be ported to emacs? > > I see that Evil uses the NonGNU ELPA package goto-chg > (https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/goto-chg.html) to implement that > functionality. I use that package outside Evil all the time. Any mode that clobbers the shortcut I assigned to it (C-.) blocks my productivity a lot. That’s the main reason why I don’t have flyspell active while writing emails. It only works inside buffers, but with ido for changing buffers and dumb-jump/xref support for jumping back after cross-file navigation, I don’t need more. This jumping back after an explicit cross-file navigation command is actually closer to what I need than what intellij offers. I don’t want to go back to the buffer I selected via switch-buffer, but if "find reference" takes me to another file, I need a way to jump back. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de