all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* MacOs emacsclient does not start
@ 2023-07-11 13:02 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-07-11 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I just tried
git revert e96d3c71bdc

And I obtained
hint: Waiting for your editor to close the file...
/Applications/Emacs29.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient: can't find
socket; have you started the server?

/Applications/Emacs29.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient: To start the
server in Emacs, type "M-x server-start".

/Applications/Emacs29.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient: No socket or
alternate editor.  Please use:

--socket-name

--server-file      (or environment variable EMACS_SERVER_FILE)

--alternate-editor (or environment variable ALTERNATE_EDITOR)

error: There was a problem with the editor
'/Applications/Emacs29.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient'.

Please supply the message using either -m or -F option.

Indeed in my .login
I have (tcsh)

setenv EDITOR /Applications/Emacs29.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient

But I don't understand what's wrong with this setting. In Linux I have

setenv EDITOR /opt/emacs29/bin/emacsclient

And it works fine, I tried to add some parameters to emacsclient in the
above line  but I obtained to many parameters when running source ~/.login

Any idea?
--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.