I've attached a patch that addresses the feedback so far: 1. Defines HAVE_DBUS_MESSAGE_SET_ALLOW_INTERACTIVE_AUTHORIZATION and uses it. 2. Renames :authenticate to :authorize for consistency. 3. Signals an error when either :timeout or :authorize are passed when not invoking a method. Remaining questions: 1. I'm not sure if :authorize is quite correct either. Really, the key part is that it allows /interactive/ authorization. I wonder if :interactive-authorization or :interactive might be better (although they're kind of long). 2. Am I correctly signaling the error? I just copied that code from other parts of debusbind.c.