all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Diary entry format
@ 2007-01-02  7:22 Logan Lee
       [not found] ` <mailman.2643.1167730370.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Logan Lee @ 2007-01-02  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to add an entry that spans from 2 Jan, 2007 to 5 Jan, 2007. I already know of wild card option for days or months or year but this doesn't seem to be appropriate for my case, since I have finite number of days to account for. Does anyone know how?

* Re: Diary entry format
@ 2007-01-02  9:32 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.2643.1167730370.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-01-02  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 02.01.2007 um 08:22 schrieb Logan Lee:

> I want to add an entry that spans from 2 Jan, 2007 to 5 Jan, 2007.
> I already know of wild card option for days or months or year but
> this doesn't seem to be appropriate for my case, since I have
> finite number of days to account for.

%%(diary-block 2 1 2007  5 1 2007) European Format ?

Something like that worked for me in last millennium with GNU Emacsen
19.x ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Remember: use logout to logout.

* Re: Diary entry format
       [not found] ` <mailman.2643.1167730370.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-01-02 10:46   ` Logan Lee
From: Logan Lee @ 2007-01-02 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 02.01.2007 um 08:22 schrieb Logan Lee:
>
>> I want to add an entry that spans from 2 Jan, 2007 to 5 Jan, 2007.
>> I already know of wild card option for days or months or year but
>> this doesn't seem to be appropriate for my case, since I have
>> finite number of days to account for.
>
> %%(diary-block 2 1 2007  5 1 2007) European Format ?
>
> Something like that worked for me in last millennium with GNU Emacsen
> 19.x ...
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
> Remember: use logout to logout.

I did:

%%(diary-block 1 2 2007	1 5 2007)	focus on learning C programming.

And I have confirmed that it shows up only between Jan 1, 2007-Jan 5,2007. So, your advice worked perfectly for me! Thank you for your help ;)