all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to change buffer like in visual studio, ultraedit etc (like Alt-Tab in windows but for buffers)?
@ 2007-05-06  6:53 mopi
From: mopi @ 2007-05-06  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have tried some of the buffer switchers out there and while some
have neat stuff like regexp switching I just want it to work like in
visual studio or ultraedit.

I.e. keeping Ctrl pressed while pressing Tab repeatedly cycles between
the open buffers (preferably in order of last usage). C-S-tab cycles
the reverse order. Pressing C-tab only one time switches to the last
viewed buffer.

I have tried swbuff-y but pressing C-tab only once just brings up the
buffer-switcher and don't switch to last viewed buffer. Also, when I
cycle to a another buffer name in the list I need to press RET to
actually switch to it. The preferred way would be to switch to the
currently highlighted buffer when I release the Ctrl key. Like Alt-Tab
works in windows.

Thanks in advance.