Hi all, The bug: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6286. I wrote a patch that fixes all examples except the last one (which is a different issue), and also supports nesting delimiters of the same type inside the literal: %r(//([^/])*/) This would be my first patch for Emacs, so I'd love to have someone more familiar with ruby-mode and/or font-lock look at it. -- Do I submit the final patch here, or to the Ruby Redmine tracker? As I understand, the upstream version is maintained to be compatible with earlier Emacs versions, and I'm using the syntax-propertize-function feature here. Am I trying to be too clever with the syntax table in `ruby-syntax-propertize-general-delimiters'? I figured it's the easiest way to avoid reimplementing `scan-lists'. In general, if I have an undercooked patch, should I post a message here, or just attach it to the related bug? Dmitry.