all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#14566: 24.3; Feature Request: query-replace-end-hook for invisible text
@ 2013-06-06 15:05 Michael Bach
From: Michael Bach @ 2013-06-06 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 14566

This is a feature request for implementation of a
'query-replace-end-hook', to be used e.g. to selectively reveal
invisible text during a query-replace session.

This would allow query-replace to be usable in Org-mode with folded
subtrees, much as the isearch-forward is through the
'isearch-mode-end-hook.

This came up on the Org-mode mailing list[1], see also hook usage in org.el.

Does the query-replace implementation allow for these kinds of hooks?

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/71888

* bug#14566: 24.3; Feature Request: query-replace-end-hook for invisible text
@ 2013-06-07 17:10 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2013-06-07 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Bach; +Cc: 14566

Michael Bach <phaebz@gmail.com> writes:

> This is a feature request for implementation of a
> 'query-replace-end-hook', to be used e.g. to selectively reveal
> invisible text during a query-replace session.
>
> This would allow query-replace to be usable in Org-mode with folded
> subtrees, much as the isearch-forward is through the
> 'isearch-mode-end-hook.

Isn't that the same issue as in bug#11746, which was fixed some days
ago?  The fix allows to query-replace inside folded text in org by
temporarily "open" it like when isearching.

Regards,

Michael.

* bug#14566: 24.3; Feature Request: query-replace-end-hook for invisible text
@ 2013-06-08  9:23   ` Michael Bach
From: Michael Bach @ 2013-06-08  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: 14566

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:
> Michael Bach <phaebz@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Isn't that the same issue as in bug#11746, which was fixed some days
> ago?  The fix allows to query-replace inside folded text in org by
> temporarily "open" it like when isearching.

Oh, I missed that one. Thanks for the notice.

Close as duplicate then.