() Drew Adams () Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:05:09 -0800 (PST) Dani *requested* that his patch be committed, IF someone agrees that it is worthwhile. To quote Dani's request again: "It [the patch] is ok? If so, please commit it. TIA." Translation: Please review it. If you like it, you are welcome to it. Thank you in advance, if you commit it. Probably the interpretation is a function of what kind of English one is used to, mostly. To me, the construction "Please ACT." has command overtones, whereas the construction "Could you please ACT?" i would take unambiguously as a request. Not only does the latter end w/ a (re)quest(ion) mark, it makes use of the "conditional mood": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_mood English (like Emacs) weirds its users -- oh well, life goes on... :-D -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil