all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Unable to run 'evernote-mode'
@ 2013-12-22  5:14 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2013-12-22  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Has anyone got evernote-mode to work on debian please? Every time that
I try I'm left with this error message which I don’t understand -

error in process sentinel: enclient.rb exited abnormally with code 1
-e:1: syntax error, unexpected tINTEGER, expecting tSTRING_CONTENT or
tSTRING_DBEG or tSTRING_DVAR or tSTRING_END :1: Use RbConfig instead of
obsolete and deprecated Config. ^

enutil-aget: Wrong type argument: listp, -e:1:

If I try to run 'RbConfig' then it says 'Command not found'.

So whats the next step forward in getting it to run please?

Thanks
Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unable to run 'evernote-mode'
       [not found] <mailman.10028.1387689306.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-12-22 18:09 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2013-12-22 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> writes:

> Has anyone got evernote-mode to work on Debian ... ?

What is evernote?

With aptitude, I found evernote-mode. When I installed
it, it warned about being in an experimental
state. Experimental probably doesn't mean exactly
"experimental" (as in chemistry) but rather "not tested
enough". Anyway, though installation on Jessie went
fine, I cannot find it from Emacs, so even though you
got a problem, you got further than me.

A general piece of advice with anything Debian (and
GNU/Linux in a wider sense), try linux.debian.user (if
you are on Gnus or otherwise Usenet) *or* the
corresponding listbot (debian-user) - they are as
knowledgeable as the Emacs people on this group/list,
only there are so much more people, so I think you'd
get a couple of answers in no time.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: Unable to run 'evernote-mode'
@ 2013-12-22 18:44   ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2013-12-22 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)