Stefan Monnier writes: >> Can you elaborate on why you think it's not worth it? > >> IMO, finding an element in a sequence is a very common operation, > > Conceptually, yes, but if you take into account the details of how you > specify which element you want, as well as what you want to do with it, > then in most cases, I think the code ends up just as simple with > seq-some as with seq-find. I don't follow. How can the code end up just as simple when finding an element matching a predicate? To make things easier to understand, I'm taking the example of finding the first odd number in a seq: (seq-some (lambda (elt) (and (oddp elt) elt)) '(0 1 2 3)) (seq-find #'oddp '(0 1 2 3)) The first version is not only much harder to read, it also IMO shows that the lambda mostly re-implement what a `seq-find' function should provide by default in the library. Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr