The new Emacs icon is displayed with a fuzzy out-of-focus appearance. The effect is especially noticeable when "Alt-Tab switching" between applications, where I find myself squinting to try (unsuccessfully) to bring the Emacs icons into focus. The attached screenshot shows the problem, although the image doesn't do justice to the severity of the problem in real life. Strangely, the effect is not so noticeable (not noticeable at all really) when looking at the individual .png files of the icons. But when they are displayed beside the icons from other applications, it's almost as if the focus distance to the Emacs icons is different from that of the other icons. [Some of the other icons (e.g. Icecat) are fuzzy from being pixellated, but at least the pixellation is in focus so I don't find myself wanting to run off to see the oculist!] (This is with GNOME Version 3.18.2 on Fedora 23 with the default Adwaita theme.)