Alan Mackenzie writes: > Hello, Noam. > > On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:33:36AM -0500, Noam Postavsky wrote: >> On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: > >> > What is new here is characters with paren syntax also being components of >> > 2-char comment delimiters. I recently fixed a similar problem when >> > characters with word syntax were also flagged as 2-char comment delimiter >> > parts. I think a similar patch at case label Sopen: (Line ~3322), which >> > would peek ahead at the next character to check for "{-" before >> > recognising the "{" as an open paren would be the best fix. > >> I don't think special casing Sopen makes sense, shouldn't the check >> apply to all syntax classes? > > Maybe. I'm too tired to work this out at the moment (it was the office > Glühwein day). > >> (the special case for word syntax does make sense, because it has its >> own inner loop already) > > As does comment syntax, of course. > >> > Do you want to make this fix, or should I do it? If you want to do it, >> > I'm willing (indeed, eager) to review it for you. > >> I'll have a patch ready in a day or two. > > Excellent! Or even in three or four days. Take your time, do it well > (at least, better than I managed last time round) and enjoy doing it. Okay, here it is. I think I've made this function a bit less twisty, and hopefully haven't broken anything new (make check is still passing).