Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Robert Cochran >> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 13:33:27 -0800 >> >> As promised, I've written information on tab-bar-post-open-functions, >> tab-bar-close-last-tab-choice, tab-bar-prevent-close-functions, and >> tab-bar-post-close-functions in the manual. >> >> Suggestions and comments welcome, as usual. > > Thanks. > > I wonder whether such facilities need to be described in the manual. > They sound pretty minor features, so perhaps we should let users > discover them via Custom, doc strings, and NEWS? I put them in the manual because I said that I would. I can't speak for everyone, but sometimes stuff like that is nice to have in the manual. I don't often discover variables via custom, but that might be because I generally have a specific thing I have in mind I want to change when I use it. Such a thing definitely should be mentioned in the docstrings for the functions, which I entirely forgot to write in both this patch and the last patch. Oops. Here's a rough patch for that. I think if anything else, that putting a couple of mentions in the docstrings of some of the entry point functions is a reasonable compromise. Thanks, -- ~Robert Cochran