Fan Yang writes: Hi, > Re-produce steps: > > 1. `find-file' to my project root directory on a remote machine, > namely, "/scp:vm00:pmdk-balloon/". > 2. `M-x compile', and give compile command "make". > 3. (Previously I have injected some typos in some of my source files, > say "obj.c"). > 4. In the *compilation* buffer, the "obj.c" file appears. But when I > click the underlined text (or on it), an error occurs in the > minibuffer: > > "Find this error in (default obj.c): /scp:vm00:/System/Volumes/Data/home/fan/pmdk-balloon/src/libpmemobj" > > The "/System/Volumes/Data/" is actually a path on my local machine. > It appears that when compile.el was handling the remote path, it > mixed-up part of my local machine path with the > remote machine path, resulting the error. > > Then I find that in my environment, `(file-symlink-p "/home")' is > evaluated to "/System/Volumes/Data/home". Now I stuck here since I know > little about TRAMP and how a remote file path should be handled. Could you pls check, whether the appended patch fixes the problem? Best regards, Michael.