João Távora writes: > On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 7:54 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> >> After thinking about that for a while, I came to the sad conclusion >> that I no longer understand what is the relation between GNU ELPA and >> the Emacs project. > > GNU ELPA distributes some Emacs source files as :core-type > package.el packages. This means that we can fix bugs and evolve > features in those files in Emacs master and not having to wait many > months until they make into the next core release. This has proven > invaluable for the development of Eglot, a GNU ELPA package, which > depends on jsonrpc.el and flymake.el, which are in the core. Bugs > can often be fixed in those files and they'll be available to users the > next day. I don't know if this counts as a meaningful relationship, > but it is extremely useful nonetheless and we should expand it (in > fact I discussed it with Dmitry and Stefan I'm going to do it soon for > eldoc.el, xref.el and project.el). > > João +1. And I'm hoping to have ERC added to the above list very soon.