Hi, I was trying to work with python today and it required me to use a virtual environment. I noticed that python-mode already had some basic virtualenv facilites, and it all worked. The only thing that annoyed me was that I couldn't configure the setup to be properly persistent, since python-shell-virtualenv-root couldn't be set as a directory local variable. The commentary section mentions > ;; (setq python-shell-virtualenv-root "/path/to/env/") but I couldn't find any other details on how the mode expects me to set the variable. Therefore I patched the few lines, and it works great.