[சனி மே 28, 2022] Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Visuwesh >> Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 23:03:51 +0530 >> >> Motivation: I often find myself annoyed by `delete-selection-mode' when >> using the keyboard since the region in Emacs does not translate to text >> selections in other applications. On the contrary, I find myself >> wanting the behaviour of `delete-selection-mode' for regions set using >> the mouse. Attached patch adds an user option to do that. > > IMO, we shouldn't distinguish between the mouse and shift-selection > methods of defining the region. So this feature, if accepted, should > also treat both methods of defining the region the same. Considering shift-selection would be convenient as well. Please check attached patch.