On Sun, May 05 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote: >> Would something like this also be needed for glyph matrices? > > Probably. Either we make the matrices roots, or objects, I guess. For > correctness. We can't easily realloc when they are objects, but I don't > think that's a big problem. > >> Or in general, can we scan anything other than the block that >> dflt_scan was called with? > > Let's say we shouldn't :-). MPS lets us scan memory it doesn't manage, > but with multi-threading it's not really safe. So fix_glyph_matrix currently doesn't things exactly by the book. Hm. Anyway, I have a patch that prevents my Emacs from sporadically crashing at startup.