all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus problems in Emacs CVS
@ 2003-09-18 18:53 Andrew Dolgov
From: Andrew Dolgov @ 2003-09-18 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I tried Emacs from CVS (21.3.50.3, updated today) and noticed that Gnus does
not update summary buffer (e.g. tick/dormant/read/unread marks, etc.) while I'm
browsing the newsgroup, the summary only gets updated if I reenter group
which is annoying. :(

I have tried several versions of Gnus (5.9.0 from Emacs distribution, 5.10.x
from gnus.org, but all of them behave the same way). Can somebody tell me if
this is a known bug or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

--
	Andrew   <fox(at)loniis.ru>.

ps. I'm not on the list - so please Cc me. :)

* Re: Gnus problems in Emacs CVS
       [not found] <2n1xu83ys8.fsf@piglet.jia.vnet>
@ 2003-09-23 10:12 ` Andrew Dolgov
From: Andrew Dolgov @ 2003-09-23 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

Hi, ShengHuo!

>> I tried Emacs from CVS (21.3.50.3, updated today) and noticed that
>> Gnus does not update summary buffer (e.g. tick/dormant/read/unread
>> marks, etc.) while I'm browsing the newsgroup, the summary only gets
>> updated if I reenter group which is annoying. :(
 SZ> What do you mean that Gnus does not update summary buffer?

when I tag an article (dormant or ticked) it should display differently in
the summary buffer (e.g. with ? or ! marks) but this doesn't happen until I
exit group and enter it again (e.g. until the summary buffer is regenerated).

so it seems for me that the summary buffer does not get updated on the fly.

 SZ> Do you leave another summary buffer open?

no, just one Gnus running, one buffer.

 SZ> Could you detail how to reproduce it?

described above works for me every time :(

I dunno, maybe it is some problem in my configuration, I would be very
grateful for ideas how to fix this. I tried to move away my .emacs/.gnus,
didn't help though.

--
	Andrew   <fox(at)loniis.ru>.