all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs to Mozilla
@ 2003-10-22 15:01 kgold
From: kgold @ 2003-10-22 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had emacs set up so URL's would be highlighted.  S-mouse-2
would send the URL to Netscape.  Now we've upgraded to Mozilla.
How do I change the target program.

S-mouse-2 runs goto-address-at-mouse.  goto-addr.el says it uses
browse-url.el.

I tried the obvious:

(setq-default browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-generic)
(setq-default browse-url-generic-program "mozilla")

but it didn't work.

* Re: emacs to Mozilla
@ 2003-12-03 22:07 ` Kai Grossjohann
       [not found]   ` <bqmsfk$1cm$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-12-03 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

kgold@watson.ibm.com (kgold) writes:

> (setq-default browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-generic)
> (setq-default browse-url-generic-program "mozilla")

Recent Emacsen have the function browse-url-mozilla which could be
used instead.

Another possibility is to continue using browse-url-netscape but set
browse-url-netscape-program to "mozilla".  After all, they should be
rather similar.

Kai

* Re: emacs to Mozilla
       [not found]   ` <bqmsfk$1cm$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de>
@ 2003-12-04 15:50     ` Dan Anderson
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-12-04 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Klaus Straubinger <KSNetz@Arcor.DE> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote:
>
> > Recent Emacsen have the function browse-url-mozilla which could be
> > used instead.
>
> Emacs must be more recent than the latest released one, as far as I know.

        Ummm, yes.   I should  have mentioned when  I suggested  it on
this list that I was following CVS.   But it works like a charm if you
get a copy of the CVS version.  :-D

Sorry,

Dan