all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* fill-paragraph / fill region in latex (auctex) buffer
@ 2005-11-14 19:25 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2005-11-14 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I do fill-paragraph on a long line that starts with a %, the
line is correctly wrapped and a % is added in front of each line.
This is in latex-mode (AUCTeX).

fill-paragraph-function is nil.

When I select a region with the same text, the behavior is different
- no %'s are inserted, and I get an undesirable result.
This is annoying, because I would want to use fill-region on a whole
buffer in order to wrap lines, and it turns all the commented out
stuff into text that appears in my latex document...

Is this a bug?
If so, is it due to Emacs or to AUCTeX?