Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: michael.cadilhac@lrde.org (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Micha=EBl?= Cadilhac) >> Cc: agustin.martin@hispalinux.es, emacs-devel@gnu.org, storm@cua.dk >> Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 23:42:39 +0200 >> >> I will summarize the whole thing: > > Thanks. I think I understand now. > >> AFAICT, both functions are just in a #ifdef subprocesses. But, maybe, >> in some systems, sigchld_handler is not used albeit compiled. >> >> The question I asked is : do we have to disable the >> `deleted_process_alist' mechanism in some configuration to avoid that >> it will be filled but never cleaned ? > > Well, as we established, at least on MS-Windows, sigchld_handler _is_ > called, so your fix should work for the Windows build, AFAIU. So, AFAIU too, if delete_process can be called (protected by #ifdef subprocesses), sigchld_handler can be too. Patch updated to remove #ifdef SIGCHLD guards attached. It addresses all the problems we've seen so far, and seems to work (AFAICT).