all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Packaging functionality in Themes
@ 2011-03-15 15:29 joakim
From: joakim @ 2011-03-15 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs developers

I converted a package of mine that I use to avoid procrastination to use
Emacs Themes: https://github.com/jave/zen-mode

I think themes could be a really powerful mechanism to avoid
bikeshedding and allow Emacs to be easy to setup for different
tastes.

The things I found difficult to do when converting my package was:

- It's unclear how to programmatically enable several themes at the same
time. I want this because I water to be able to set colours separately
from functionality for instance.

- How I install the themes. Now I just copy them by hand to ~/.emacs.d.

We can use Zen-mode to illustrate how to package functional themes in
ELPA if you like, but then I'd want some feedback to improve the quality of the
package.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Packaging functionality in Themes
@ 2011-03-15 16:17 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-03-15 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers

joakim@verona.se writes:

> - How I install the themes. Now I just copy them by hand to ~/.emacs.d.

If I am interpreting this question correctly, what you want is to keep
the themes in the package directory, and use a magic comment in
zen-mode.el to add load-file-name to custom-theme-load-path.  Something
like this:

;;;###autoload (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path load-file-name)