Juri Linkov writes: >> Use this, as there is an error in precedent patch (still using value of >> old variable), sorry. > > Thanks. I think names like `frame-or-window' and `top-or-bottom-pos' > are quite confusing. Yes, if you have better names tell me. Also here on last version of patch I am using symbol instead of sexp which is better. > But fortunately we could avoid them. Can you develop this? Find here the last version of patch for review, (more or less what you have actually) I will apply as soon Emacs is no more in feature freeze if no objections.