all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CEDET and recent trunk
@ 2012-07-01 18:12 Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2012-07-01 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

        At some point, about a month ago, I had managed to get CEDET and
 semantic setup so that the emacs trunk would, in an emacs lisp buffer,
 show me completions alternatives in a dropdown, and also show me the
 documentation of the current top completion, allowing me to select the
 function, and then it would show me the arguments expected.

        I have not changed anything concerning CEDET setup (though I did
 modify hippie-expand settings), but I have lost the ability, for emacs
 lisp and C modes. I do see function definition in the echo area, but
 there is no popup allowing me to select one of several options, and
 there is no documentation of the selected option.

        I am including my cedet related config below, in the hope that
 someone would have some insight into this.  I have tried emacs -Q with
 config below, and I can't get CEDET to work as advertized

        Am I missing something simple?

        manoj

;; cedet
(require 'semantic)
(require 'semantic/sb)
(semantic-mode 1)

(require 'srecode)
(global-srecode-minor-mode 1)

(require 'semantic/ia)
(require 'semantic/db)
(require 'semantic/db-global)
(global-semanticdb-minor-mode 1)

(require 'semantic/bovine/c)
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("WXDLLIMPEXP_CORE" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("WXDLLIMPEXP_FWD_CORE" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("WXDLLIMPEXP_BASE" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("WXDLLIMPEXP_FWD_BASE" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("WXDLLIMPEXP_FWD_XML" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("WXDLLIMPEXP_ADV" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("Q_GUI_EXPORT" . ""))
(add-to-list 'semantic-lex-c-preprocessor-symbol-map '("Q_CORE_EXPORT" . ""))

(require 'semantic/senator)

(require 'ede/speedbar)
(require 'ede/proj)

(require 'cedet-cscope)

(setq semantic-decoration-styles
      '(
        (semantic-tag-boundary . t)
        (semantic-decoration-on-private-members . t)
        (semantic-decoration-on-protected-member . t)
        ))
(global-semanticdb-minor-mode 1)
(global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode 1)
(global-semantic-idle-completions-mode 1)
(global-semantic-decoration-mode 1)
(global-semantic-highlight-func-mode 1)
(global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode -1)
(global-semantic-idle-summary-mode 1)
(global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode 1)
(global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode t)

(semanticdb-enable-gnu-global-databases 'c-mode)
(semanticdb-enable-gnu-global-databases 'c++-mode)
(set-default 'semantic-case-fold t)

extern int errno;

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <ctype.h>
#include <errno.h>

size_t manoj_strlen(const char *s);

size_t manoj_strlen(const char *src_p)
{
  size_t i = 0;
  if(*src_p){ while(*(src_p++)) i++; }
  return i;
}

An ignorant man ages like an ox. His flesh may increase, but not his
understanding. 152
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C

* Re: CEDET and recent trunk
@ 2012-07-08 23:26 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-07-08 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>         I am including my cedet related config below, in the hope that
>  someone would have some insight into this.  I have tried emacs -Q with
>  config below, and I can't get CEDET to work as advertized

Can something confirm/deny that CEDET is broken on the trunk?
Maybe it's related to my CL changes.

* Re: CEDET and recent trunk
@ 2012-07-09  7:15   ` Nix
From: Nix @ 2012-07-09  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 9 Jul 2012, Stefan Monnier told this:

>>         I am including my cedet related config below, in the hope that
>>  someone would have some insight into this.  I have tried emacs -Q with
>>  config below, and I can't get CEDET to work as advertized
>
> Can something confirm/deny that CEDET is broken on the trunk?
> Maybe it's related to my CL changes.

If CEDET is broken, it is perhaps only the popup stuff built in to CEDET
that is broken and not the rest. I'm using CEDET with bzr 108734, and
it's working flawlessly -- however, I'm using auto-complete.el rather
than the built-in CEDET menus.

--
NULL && (void)

* Re: CEDET and recent trunk
@ 2012-07-09  8:38     ` Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2012-07-09  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Mon, Jul 09 2012, Nix wrote:

> On 9 Jul 2012, Stefan Monnier told this:
>
>>>         I am including my cedet related config below, in the hope that
>>>  someone would have some insight into this.  I have tried emacs -Q with
>>>  config below, and I can't get CEDET to work as advertized
>>
>> Can something confirm/deny that CEDET is broken on the trunk?
>> Maybe it's related to my CL changes.
>
> If CEDET is broken, it is perhaps only the popup stuff built in to CEDET
> that is broken and not the rest. I'm using CEDET with bzr 108734, and
> it's working flawlessly -- however, I'm using auto-complete.el rather
> than the built-in CEDET menus.

        I can confirm that just adding the new CEDET git version,
(load-file "/usr/local/src/cedet/cedet-devel-load.el")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/src/cedet/contrib/")
 without changing any of the configuration I had in my .emacs, made
 things work again.

        manoj
--
meetings, n.: A place where minutes are kept and hours are lost.

@ 2012-07-09 12:35       ` Nix
From: Nix @ 2012-07-09 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 9 Jul 2012, Manoj Srivastava spake thusly:
>> If CEDET is broken, it is perhaps only the popup stuff built in to CEDET
>> that is broken and not the rest. I'm using CEDET with bzr 108734, and
>> it's working flawlessly -- however, I'm using auto-complete.el rather
>> than the built-in CEDET menus.
>
>         I can confirm that just adding the new CEDET git version,
> (load-file "/usr/local/src/cedet/cedet-devel-load.el")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/src/cedet/contrib/")
>  without changing any of the configuration I had in my .emacs, made
>  things work again.

Oh, were you using old unbundled CEDET? Yeah, that's incompatible with
24.1 and trunk. New unbundled CEDET or (obviously) bundled CEDET should
work. AT least they both do for me.

--
NULL && (void)