Haines Brown writes: > I want to have mutt (which is started from terminal) use emacs as its > editor with its own initialization file. So in .muttrc I put: > > set editor="emacs -q -l ~/.emacsMutt" > > This defines an emacs session located on right half of my screen. My > objective is to have the editor displayed to right of screen and the > mutt messages remain displayed to its left. > > However, when the emacsMutt window starts, the mutt messages window is > replaced by an empty emacs window, and as the result I no longer see the > mutt messages. An -nw option only makes the emacsMutt session full > screen. Exactly why I switched to Gnus. Mutt won't show other messages while editing, by design. A way to workaround is to start another Mutt read-only, IIRC -R. Yet you still need to navigate to the specific mail again. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591