all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz>
To: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com>, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug in outline-magic.el
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 22:58:51 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Jun 28 2013, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz> writes:
>
> Hi Michal,
>
>> I think that there is a bug in outline-magic.el. See below. I put the
>> same text also at
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Comments_on_outline-magic.el.
>
> I kind of took over outline-magic.el from Carsten when I merged it into
> outshine.el and he asked me if I want to be the new maintainer.

outshine.el seems interesting. I think I'll give it a try.

> I remember I hit the same bug like you and fixed it - but nothing else
> ;)
>
> There is a version 0.9.1 available on github:
>
> ,--------------------------------------
> | https://github.com/tj64/outline-magic
> `--------------------------------------

Hmm, what about modifying the pages on Emacs Wiki [1], [2] to reflect
the location of the new version. I installed outline-magic from MELPA,
which contains the version from wiki. If you want, I can do it.

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OutlineMagic
[2] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/outline-magic.el

[...]

> PS If you use outshine.el in combination with outorg.el and navi-mode.el
> (all available in my github account) you get everything outline-magic
> offers (since it is merged into outshine.el) + the extensions from
> out-xtra.el + many new ideas and features, see this tutorial

> | http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-outside-org.html
>
> on Worg (there are links to related screencasts on youtube at the end of
> the page).

Thanks for the link, this all seems quite interesting :)

Cheers,
-Michal