() Rami A () Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:36:21 -0700 (PDT) I tried experimenting with compilation-finish-functions but found out that the functions added to the list will be executed after "every" compilation. Since I use compile to search IDs "gid" I don't want to refresh opened files on every search. For the compilation that does the pull, set a buffer-local variable to note the case. Then add to ‘compilation-finish-function’ a function that does ‘revert-all-buffers’ only if indicated by that variable. Actually, ‘compile’ normally sets a bunch of buffer-local variables itself. For instance, you could check ‘compilation-arguments’. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil