Tassilo Horn writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > > Hi Sharon, > >> I'm hoping that someone can advise me, I'm looking for a theme to use >> with emacs and gnus which has a dark background, but also allows me to >> read all the text in a gmail which currently appears as nearly-white >> on a slightly-grey background. > > I don't think that has anything to do with themes, but SHR which renders > HTML mail in Gnus just picks bad colors to confirm with what's declared > in the HTML text. But you can force it to require more contrast like > so: > > (setq shr-color-visible-distance-min 10 > shr-color-visible-luminance-min 60) > > With that, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. (I'm the author of > the tsdh-{light,dark} themes and switch between dark and light every > half a year.) > Brilliant, thank you very much, that little code snippet has completely sorted the problem out! I can now read my emails in my gmail inbox with no problems at all, thanks. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1