all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* dns error with eww in emacs-25?
@ 2014-11-20  9:16 H. Dieter Wilhelm
       [not found] ` <mailman.14147.1416476146.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-20  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an eww thing or something strange with my German
dsl provider and network setup. Anyway, I'm not seeing it with Chromium
nor Iceweasel.

Please try M-x eww (with emacs-25 -Q)

duenenhof-wilhelm.de

and then try the link called "Pfauenbilder", instead of the page
peacock.html it appears:

http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://peacock.html/

Do you have a hunch what is going on?

Thanks
        Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: dns error with eww in emacs-25?
@ 2014-11-20  9:35 ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
       [not found] ` <mailman.14147.1416476146.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-20  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this is an eww thing or something strange with my German
> dsl provider and network setup. Anyway, I'm not seeing it with Chromium
> nor Iceweasel.
>
> Please try M-x eww (with emacs-25 -Q)
>
> duenenhof-wilhelm.de
>
> and then try the link called "Pfauenbilder", instead of the page
> peacock.html it appears:
>
> http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://peacock.html/

This doesn't happen with emacs-24.4 though! Has this to do with the new
network safety feature?

     Dieter

--

@ 2014-11-20 14:11   ` Ted Zlatanov
       [not found]     ` <mailman.14178.1416504264.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-11-20 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:35:16 +0100 dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) wrote:

HDW> dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is an eww thing or something strange with my German
>> dsl provider and network setup. Anyway, I'm not seeing it with Chromium
>> nor Iceweasel.
>>
>> Please try M-x eww (with emacs-25 -Q)
>>
>> duenenhof-wilhelm.de
>>
>> and then try the link called "Pfauenbilder", instead of the page
>> peacock.html it appears:
>>
>> http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://peacock.html/

Works for me.

HDW> This doesn't happen with emacs-24.4 though! Has this to do with the new
HDW> network safety feature?

Unless you're testing the "nsm" branch, I doubt it: NSM hasn't been merged.

Ted

* Re: dns error with eww in emacs-25?
@ 2014-11-20 17:24     ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
       [not found]     ` <mailman.14178.1416504264.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-20 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:35:16 +0100 dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) wrote:
>
> HDW> dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this is an eww thing or something strange with my German
>>> dsl provider and network setup. Anyway, I'm not seeing it with Chromium
>>> nor Iceweasel.
>>>
>>> Please try M-x eww (with emacs-25 -Q)
>>>
>>> duenenhof-wilhelm.de
>>>
>>> and then try the link called "Pfauenbilder", instead of the page
>>> peacock.html it appears:
>>>
>>> http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://peacock.html/
>
> Works for me.
>
> HDW> This doesn't happen with emacs-24.4 though! Has this to do with the new
> HDW> network safety feature?
>
> Unless you're testing the "nsm" branch, I doubt it: NSM hasn't been merged.

I see and no, I didn't explicitly pull the network security manager
branch but then why isn't this happening with emacs-24.4?

Thank you for your support

       Dieter
--

@ 2014-11-20 19:45       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-11-20 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 18:24:08 +0100 dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) wrote:

HDW> I see and no, I didn't explicitly pull the network security manager
HDW> branch but then why isn't this happening with emacs-24.4?

You should file a bug.  Maybe someone who speaks German well can see
what that page says and even replicate the issue.

Ted

* Re: dns error with eww in emacs-25?
@ 2014-11-20 21:57         ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2014-11-20 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> You should file a bug.  Maybe someone who speaks German well can see
> what that page says and even replicate the issue.

The URL of the t-online DNS error page is:

,----
| http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://peacock.html/
`----

which suggests that the faulty URL is <http://peacock.html/>. The link
on the web page is:

,----
| Weitere <a href="peacock.html">Pfauenbilder</a>
`----

Looks like for some reason, eww does not add the domain to the relative
URL <peacock.html>, only the protocol.

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)

* Re: dns error with eww in emacs-25?
@ 2014-11-21  8:33           ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2014-11-21  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Joost Kremers <joost.m.kremers@gmail.com> writes:

> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> You should file a bug.  Maybe someone who speaks German well can see
>> what that page says and even replicate the issue.
>
> The URL of the t-online DNS error page is:
>
> ,----
> | http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://peacock.html/
> `----
>
> which suggests that the faulty URL is <http://peacock.html/>. The link
> on the web page is:
>
> ,----
> | Weitere <a href="peacock.html">Pfauenbilder</a>
> `----
>
> Looks like for some reason, eww does not add the domain to the relative
> URL <peacock.html>, only the protocol.

Thanks for the explanation. Fortunately with the latest build of
emacs-25 I can't reproduce it any longer

         Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm