Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Nicolas Petton >> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:18:14 +0200 >> >> I just installed a patch in master to use unar and lsar. >> >> My patch removes the use of the "unrar-free" binary completely as 1) it >> is no longer available in Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian and 2) it has been >> reported not to work properly, but I guess that's up for discussion. > > Given the troubled history of the Free Software programs available to > access RAR archives, and its various format versions, I'd prefer that > we had more than one solution for RAR. Having just one hard-coded > program sounds like a near-term maintenance headache. Other > possibilities include unrar-free, GNA's unrar, and bsdtar from > libarchive. I think we should make this more future-proof. Nicolas, > would you like to work on that? Would adding support for (GNA) unrar be enough for you? If so, I'll gladly add it. Nico