all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Skeleton angle brackets '<' and '>'
@ 2016-01-05 21:12 B.V. Raghav
From: B.V. Raghav @ 2016-01-05 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

There are smart tools for the purpose, but I prefer to stick to the old
school for auto pairing.

Electric Pair mode and Skeleton pair, like this:
(electric-pair-mode t)
(setq skeleton-pair t)

While in the c++ mode, (hopefully true for all c-modes)
I am able to successfully pair (), {}, and [], with a single key press,
i.e. of the preceding character of the pair.

I also want to pair the angle brackets, i.e. `<' and `>' characters.

The documentation for the variable sekeleton-pair-alist says,

[...]
Each alist element, which looks like (ELEMENT ...), is passed to
`skeleton-insert' with no interactor. Variable `str' does nothing.

Elements might be (?` ?` _ "''"), (?\( ? _ ")") or(?{ \n > _ \n ?} >).
[...]

I am sorry to say, I cant make a head or tail of this cryptic value
suggested for the variable.

Help solicited.

(B.V. Raghav)

[parent not found: <mailman.1800.1452028390.843.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]