Paul Eggert writes: > Phillip, I just now merged emacs-25 into master and fixed all the merge > conflicts that were easy, but one problem remains: viper-tests, which you > recently introduced to emacs-25, fails in the new master. Could you please > look into this? I don't offhand know what viper-tests is supposed to do and > don't know how to interpret the test failures. Thanks. They are "do this, do that" keyboard macros. Hard to explain what they do other than "this is how viper is supposed to behave". Anyway, I think that the tests are working -- that is, they are picking up a real bug, caused independently by 088acab3 which was from Stefan. I've attached a fix. Stefan, can you check I have this right? > (Is there any way to fix the test so that it outputs ordinary text when it > fails?) > #[nil "\301 \210\30!\207" [before-buffer toggle-viper-mode switch- You mean this bit? To be honest I am not sure where that bit of trace is coming from. Phil