all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* saveplace and friends
@ 2016-08-09  7:51 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-08-09  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I used such a functionality a long time ago and now again I think it
would come in handy:

Saveplace (or friends).

That is when I exit emacs I want it to save the
place of the cursor of the buffers which where open at that moment.

I thought that recentfiles provides such a functionality but it does not
at least not for GNU emacs 25.1.5.

I tried out

(require 'saveplace)
(setq-default save-place t)