martin rudalics writes: >> Now I'm missing something -- I'm talking about (car quit-restore) -> >> 'other. Unless I'm really turned around, I don't see that getting checked. > > Right. What the code for 'other installs is currently checked by the > > ((and (listp (setq quad (nth 1 quit-restore))) > (buffer-live-p (car quad)) > (eq (nth 3 quit-restore) buffer)) > > condition. I didn't bother to check for 'other here since it's the only > remaining case. But if we ever want to add a new case in addition to > 'frame, 'window and 'other and that new case has the same structure as > 'other, we will have to check for 'other to discriminate the new case > from the 'other case. Hence, I recommend to use 'other even if it's > nowhere checked at the moment so code written from your recommendations > is prepared for future changes in this area. Aha! Now that's clear. I've added just a tiny bit to the windows parameter section, not really explaining but at least touching on it. I also deleted a couple of bits in an effort to be concise and clear. If this version looks okay to you I can install it. Eric