all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#29410: FFAP includes trailing ' of URL
@ 2017-11-23 15:31 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson @ 2017-11-23 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 29410

With ffap enabled doing C-x C-f on
'http://www.traffic.taichung.gov.tw/mail/index.asp?Parser=99,9,68,66'
will include the final "'" , which then needs to be removed by hand
there in the minibuffer.
http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs is my .emacs .

* bug#29410: FFAP includes trailing ' of URL
@ 2018-04-15 19:41 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2018-04-15 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson; +Cc: 29410

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> With ffap enabled doing C-x C-f on
> 'http://www.traffic.taichung.gov.tw/mail/index.asp?Parser=99,9,68,66'
> will include the final "'" , which then needs to be removed by hand
> there in the minibuffer.

' is a valid constituent in URLs, but it would make sense to leave it
out if it's the last character, because it's much more likely that it's
not part of the URL than it is a part of the URL.

But I don't use ffap, so I think somebody else should fix it.  :-)

* bug#29410: FFAP includes trailing ' of URL
@ 2020-08-07  9:31 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2020-08-07  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson; +Cc: 29410

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

> With ffap enabled doing C-x C-f on
> 'http://www.traffic.taichung.gov.tw/mail/index.asp?Parser=99,9,68,66'
> will include the final "'" , which then needs to be removed by hand
> there in the minibuffer.

This has now been fixed in Emacs 28.1.