Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: João Távora >> Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 23:34:40 +0100 >> >> I'd like to add Eglot, my new package, to GNU ELPA. >> >> Eglot, for Emacs Polyglot, is an Emacs client for the LSP, or Language >> Server Protocol (https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/). > > FWIW, I think LSP support should be part of the core Emacs > distribution, as it's an infrastructure necessary for modern support > of programming modes. (I didn't yet look at the package, so if it has > separate infrastructure and application levels, perhaps only the > infrastructure layers should be in Emacs.) Hi again, Eli So, off-list Stefan likewise suggested that some level of LSP "infrastructure" is integrated into Emacs, which could lead to merging eglot.el and other LSP clients like lsp-mode.el in the future. As JSONRPC support is a mandatory component of LSP, I've extracted a library implementing the JSONRPC spec (see www.jsonrpc.org) out of eglot.el. I propose this library, jrpc.el, for Emacs core (or GNU ELPA, or both). I hope people can review it, comment on it, and propose changes, particularly developers of other existing LSP-modes. I attach to the end of this mail with a reasonably complete ";;; Commentary" header, including a simple usage example. JSONRPC is apparently also used for other non-LSP applications. See http://json-rpc.info/. There's a jsonrpc-refactor branch of eglot.el using jrpc.el, for those who want to test it with a real application. Thanks in advance, João